Tuesday, December 13, 2005


WOW. What a crappy couple of days. So I go out to start my car Sunday, and what happens..... BZZZZZZZZZ. My starter goes. It was turning, just not cranking. Ok. Shit. Justin drove me over to Napa and I pick up a new one. So when I get back I discover that my starter is tucked in a space so small I need to be plastic man to get to it. I borrowed Craig J's jacks and got her up in the air. I finally go the old starter off and lightly screwed the new one on. By this time the sun had set and the Broncos were winning. I said fuck it and decided to finish Monday morning. When I got back to it, screwed everything down, and put in a canister of "Heet" into my gas tank.... nothing. I brought Terri's truck over and tried jumping it. Sometimes I'd get enough of a bump to crank it, but it wasn't firing. Hours pass. I fax an electrical diagram of the starter and alternator to my dad... but it just wasn't working. I was thinking that the wires on the starter were crossed because of the unpredictability of the battery. The last thing I did after the sunset was pick up some starting fluid and a quart of oil. FUCK!!!!!! So that's two days down, with no tattoos, and pissed off clients. This am I decided if it didn't work, I was going to have it towed and fixed. luckily Craig J came over and gave me a hand. After some tinkering, a new battery and a little starting fluid, she finally came to life. Diagnoses... faulty ground wire running from the battery.. starter was 100% correct on the wiring. Thank god. I think it's over now. Knock on wood and anything else I can find.

(c) Come N Thru Productions

No comments: