Thursday, March 09, 2006


So here's my trip stuff. On March 1st I took my chip for 4 years of sobriety. This was one of the main reasons I went on my lil' vay kay. The chip above are the ones I'll be keeping in my pocket for a long time. The top "Angel" coin is one that has been in my pocket everyday since I moved back to Vail. The "V" chip is the one that I received from my home group.... M.O.M. The "IV" chip is one that a good friend of mine gave to in the meeting. Ok... here's a little bit of the story... I went to the meeting with a very good friend. She's not an alcoholic, but she's very familiar with the M.O.M. Group. It was really cool. I got tons of "Thank you"s from people around the club, just for bringing her. Anyways... at the end of the meeting a chip person is chosen to hand out chips for "periods of sobriety" My friend was railroaded into doing it... the "V" chip is the one she gave me (along with a big hug)... so even though it's a year off it still means a great deal to me. The "IV" chip means a lot too... but mostly because of where it been (huh, T?) and where it came from. Toward the end of the meeting the General Service Representative explained to the rest of the group that myself and the two young ladies sitting to my left and right, were responsible, in no little part, for keeping the group going thru some of it's darker periods. It was really overwhelming to get a nod of recognition like that. But it was even more so when I was approached after the meeting by a "rookie" in sobriety, who thanked me and told me I would never know how many people I helped. It was very nice, but really I'm just doing what AA taught me.... I just want to save my own ass... fortunately that includes helping others....... If you see some pics without an explanation under them, it's because I'm still updating
(c) Come N Thru Productions

No comments: