Thursday, March 09, 2006



One of the coolest things I've ever seen. While I was being introduced to Levi, Shauna asked what Tara had as far a baby stuff. I had no idea so after a quick call, Shauna started loading me up with all kinds of infant goodies. She gave Tara diapers, a baby seat, bottle warmer, bath tub, books, and a whole host of stuff that would take me too long list. Every time I took stuff out to my car, there'd be a new pile of stuff. This would've been a very cool thing by itself, but here's the background. Tara and Shauna are both very strong independent women. And as is with a great deal of those types of females.... they both don't like other females. I'm not saying that they don't like each other... far from it... but they just never meshed. It wasn't like they'd ever call the other one and say "hey let's go get a cup of coffee". So when Shauna did this remarkable act and to see the look on Tara's face... well.... it gave me a little feeling of... hope. Here are two extraordinary women with a very big common ground... I still smile just thinking about it.
Oh... and here's something weird.... I had my first total instinct moment... that I can remember anyway... and that was driven by protection. Shauna, Tara, and I were hanging at the club and we were a poking and joking, just like always. Shauna made a quip to one of the managers and he got up in what, I guess, I originally interpreted as a threat. All I remember is quickly glancing to check where the girls were located on the couches we were sitting on...and then jumping to my feet with my shoulders squared to the rushing "threat". I had only one thought... "You are going to have to kill me to get to these girls". It was the truest instinctual thought I've ever had. So true the only word I can think to describe it is.... Pure. I quickly jumped back into my body when it became obvious he wasn't any kind of a threat. I played it off, as did the girls, with quick jokes and laughter.... but I realized at that moment that I would kill anyone who messed with my loved ones. I'm not sure if it because I knew that Tara was pregnant and I had spent time with Shauna and Levi earlier in the day... all I know is my defend/kill button got pushed. Crazy
(c) Come N Thru Productions

No comments: